The Vital Data Explorer
The Datenspende Vital Data Explorer maps the aggregated and averaged vital data over time and across regions.
Here’s how it works:
- On the left side, you can see two input fields above the timeline. The first box lets you choose the data set of interest - either heart rate, step count or sleep duration.
- The row below lets you enter the district-level regions you want to investigate (or simply click on them on the map). For example, you can compare your local area with the national average.
- Click on the play button to the left of the timeline to activate automated time progression. This allows you to see how the values develop over time.
- Below the timeline, you will find a miniature view of the entire timeline. Draggable bars at the ends enable you to zoom in on a specific period of interest.
- The map is interactive. Hovering the cursor over a region or state will show you the local 7-day average. You can zoom in on a location by scrolling the mouse wheel, or by pinch-to-zoom.
- Last but not least: Beneath the map you’ll find a legend attached, explaining the distribution of colors on the map. Here an additional switch enables you to choose between displaying federal state level or certain counties.